Ateios is an early-stage startup developing next-generation batteries through rapid, custom manufacturing to improve the form-factor of wearables and the Internet of Things. Our R&D and product development are based out of state-of-the art engineering facilities & headquarters located in Indiana where we are producing samples for customers. We are a passionate team of entrepreneurial engineers and looking to help share that passion with others.
To learn more about the company and team, our recent Techstars pitch is available here.
As a technician, you will be responsible for supporting the Battery Engineering team with their experimentation. We are seeking a high-energy individual, motivated to learn and support technical tasks. The position will cover all facets of communication of test results, data collection and upkeep of the test database, and maintenance and calibration of all test equipment. The candidate will apply her battery expertise in the management or support of battery research, in developing and conducting battery research activity, and in supporting the application of battery technology.
- Implement lab operation methods and procedures
- Conduct experiments, collect and analyze electrochemical and physiochemical data to understand factors affecting battery performance
- Develop combinations of solvents and binders for ink formulations for the high-quality printing process
- Develop and implement new equipment, new experimental set-ups, and develop formulas, processes, and methods for the solution of technical problems.
- Document conducted experiments, test results, and prepare technical reports.
- Meticulous synthesis of slurry, electrode coating, battery assembly, and testing
- Support the engineering team in their experimentations and related tasks.
- Associate degree, preferred, especially in engineering-related
- U.S. Citizenship due to ITAR restrictions are preferred
- Preferred hands-on experience handling appropriate lab glassware and lab equipment for mixing, coating, synthesis, and purification of various materials. Know and follow safety practices in all areas.
- Strong ability to communicate scientific problems and solutions clearly and concise
- Attention to detail, ability to work well individually and in team settings
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Able to adapt work schedule as needed by the team to achieve operations targets
- Able to lift, push or pull up to 20 lbs
- Able to work in a laboratory using glove boxes and fume hoods
- Pass a respirator fit test and be able to wear respiratory protection every day
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and steel toe safety shoes
- Repetitive use of hands - light to forceful handling of material
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Health Benefits Package
- 3-weeks Paid Vacation
Ateios Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.