Ateios is an early-stage startup developing next-generation batteries through rapid, custom manufacturing to improve the form-factor of wearables and the Internet of Things. Our R&D and product development are based out of state-of-the art engineering facilities & headquarters located in Indiana where we are producing samples for customers. We are a passionate team of entrepreneurial engineers and looking to help share that passion with others.
To learn more about the company and team, our recent Techstars pitch is available here.
Battery Engineers will be responsible for managing the development process of batteries, from concept to qualification. Ateios is seeking a high-energy and resourceful individual, motivated to learn. The position will cover management of all facets of battery fabrication, testing, and analysis.
- Develop and optimize the battery fabrication process from slurry formulation to curing and cell-building
- Design and conduct experiments, collect and analyze electrochemical and physiochemical data to understand factors affecting battery performance for various market needs
- Resolve key technical issues, monitor and track KPI progress, mange risks and implement root cause analysis for solving critical issues
- Implement intricate and data-driven strategies to improve cell performance
- Manage, mentor, and lead the engineering team
- Work with the sales team on customer orders
- Write and maintain grants
- Meet with customers and investors for R&D updates
- PhD in Materials Engineering or related field of study with a focus on developing Li-ion battery technologies or equivalent industry experience
- US Citizenship preferred but not required
- US Work Authorization
- In-Dept knowledge in all battery components: cathodes, anodes, electrolytes, separators, and collectors
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Strong management and team-building skills
- Ability to communicate scientific issues or results with people of various scientific backgrounds
- Ability to write grants, reports, and articles for various programs
- Ability to write, maintain, and follow Standard Operating Procedures for Manufacturing Processes
- Strong ability to communicate scientific problems and solutions clearly and concisely
- Attention to detail, ability to work well individually and in a team setting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work various 8hr shifts, starting at early as 5am and ending as late as 8pm
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 20lbs
- Ability to work in a mask or respirator for multiple hours a day
- Ability to stand for at least one hour and do repetitive tasks with hands
- Flexible Health Benefits Package
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- 1 Week Sick Leave
Ateios Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.