Ateios is an early-stage startup developing next-generation batteries through rapid, custom manufacturing to improve the form-factor of wearables and the Internet of Things. Our R&D and product development are based out of state-of-the art engineering facilities & headquarters located in Indiana where we are producing samples for customers. We are a passionate team of entrepreneurial engineers and looking to help share that passion with others.
To learn more about the company and team, our recent Techstars pitch is available here.
Process Engineers will be responsible for assisting in the management of various customer and R&D projects. Ateios is seeking a high-energy individual, motivated to learn and support technical tasks. The position will cover all facets of battery fabrication and battery testing, including maintenance of battery testing equipment and general upkeep of the lab.
- Implement lab operation, maintenance methods, and procedures
- Manage experiments, collect and analyze electrochemical and physiochemical data to understand factors affecting battery performance
- Develop combinations of solvents and binders for slurry formulations for the high-quality printing process
- Implement detailed operation of equipment and control procedures for meticulous synthesis of slurry, electrode coating, calendaring, punching, battery assembly, and testing
- Document conducted experiments, test results, daily lab tasks, and prepare technical reports
- Manage various customer or R&D projects, including presenting projects to the Battery Engineering team
- Identify, source, and maintain accurate inventory and materials needed for production
- Perform mechanical repairs and assist engineering team with electrical and control engineering hardware and software
- Masters in Materials Engineering or related field of study or equivalent industry experience
- US Citizenship preferred but not required
- US Work Authorization
- Experience and knowledge of equipment and operations used in manufacturing process
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to write, maintain, and follow Standard Operating Procedures for Manufacturing Processes
- Hands on experience handing appropriate lab glassware and lab equipment for mixing, coating, synthesis, and purification of various materials
- Knowledge of lab safety procedures
- Strong ability to communicate scientific problems and solutions clearly and concisely
- Attention to detail, ability to work well individually and in a team setting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work various 8hr shifts, starting at early as 5am and ending as late as 8pm
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 20lbs
- Ability to work in a mask or respirator for multiple hours a day
- Ability to stand for at least and hour and do repetitive tasks with hands
- Flexible Health Benefits Package
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- 1 Week Sick Leave
Ateios Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.